Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Project Two

This project isn't completely finished. They are my "Travel Slippers" . I have invisioned a bag that they will go in when I visit friends. The special part of these slippers is the purple yarn. It was a gift to me from my Sweet Betsy May. I've had the yarn for months, waiting till I had just the right project. It's alpaca and not durable for slippers so I combined it with a soft DK CashSoft gray yarn. The combination feels great on the feet. The pattern is from 101 Designer One-Skein Wonders(so is the yellow jumper). I like the book but I do have to use other books to help me thru the projects because the instuctions do not hold your hand. I love this book for basic instructions, hand knits for the home. Todays chore is organizing the sewing room and hopefully I can make the bag tomorrow.











I've added another sewing link I like. She has free patterns on her site!


Hope you are not bored with my "project" posts, I'm a little nervous about posting them......

1 comment:

April said...

I loke your projects and I loved the feeling of those slippers too... Thanks again for hosting us. We all had such a great time at the farm. Jasper still tells the story of the broken egg, and soemthing about Felix that I can't quite understand... and the clang clang of the wheels of the train. Love - A.